Sichuan University currently offers 133 undergraduate programs to international students. The undergraduate programs are 4 years except architecture and medical programs which require 5 years. The teaching language is Chinese with some courses bilingually in Chinese and English. Bachelor’s degree and graduation certificate are awarded to those who finish all the course work required and pass thesis defense.
2. Eligibility of Applicants
(1) Foreign citizens under age 25 and in good health
(2) Certificate of Graduation from senior high school
(3) HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test) Report Level 6 or above
The qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS). The scholarship application should be directed to the Chinese Embassy or Consulates in the applicant’s home country. The application is accepted from early January to early April each year.
3. Materials for Application
(1) The completed Application Form for Foreigners Wishing to Study in China from Sichuan University
(2) Original or notarized photocopies of senior high school certificate and school transcipt
(3) Certificate of HSK Level 5 or the notarized photocopy
(4) Certificate of expected graduation certificate issued by senior high school (for applicants who will be graduating from senior high school in July)
(5) Three copies of applicant’s recent photo (cap-free, 2-inch size)
(6) Two Letters of Recommendation from senior high school/institution
(7) A photocopy of passport (pages with photo, visa or residence permit)
(8) For applicants who are studying at a university, additional materials are required:schooling transcript, student status letter and recommendation from the university
(9) Supplementary materials upon request.
4. Application Procedure
Way 1: Download Application Form for Foreigners Wishing to Study in China form the website http://www.sculx.cn/download.asp . Complete the form online,print out and sign two hard copies of the Application Form, submit the application materials listed above to the Overseas Students Office, Sichuan University, by post mail or in person.
Way 2: online application
5. Review and Admission
The application materials will be reviewed and examined by the Foreign Students Affairs Office and the Admission Committee of the department concerned. Once approved, the Admission Notice from Sichuan University and Visa Application Form for Foreigners (JW202/JW201) will be issued in early January for spring program or early July for autumn program. The applicants may inquire for admission status via the On-line Application System on the website of International Student http://scu.17gz.org/member/login.do.
6. Visa Application and Admission Registration
The admitted students should bring their Passport, Admission Notice from Sichuan University, Visa Application Form (JW202/JW201), and Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners as well as Blood Test Record to the Embassy or Consulate of the People’s Republic of China in the nearest city of their home country to apply for a student visa (X visa). In early September the students shall come to International Student Office Sichuan University for admission registration before the deadline indicated on the Admission Notice. The X visa holders must apply for a Residence Permit within 30 days after arriving in China.